Pool owners have made All-Safe Pool Fence & Covers as their #1 choice for The Top Swimming Pool Fence made of Glass and pool fences for over the past 20 years. Our Inground Pool Safety Fence Products are assembled at our manufacturing facilities in Orange County California. Send us an email or give us a call anytime to set up a time to have one of our safety experts meet with you to discuss your options for pool fence installation, answer your questions and provide you with a FREE quote. Call (800)786-8110 or Click below. Read More for fence around pool options.
4 Points To Consider When Installing Swimming Pool Fence
The last few years have seen the development of so many types of pool fences. They have improved in terms of their quality and the choice of the number of materials. This has been primarily due to the increase in the demand for swimming pool fence. More homeowners are now concerned about safety around their pools. The fencing helps in saving lives while also preventing unwanted visitors from getting near the pool. It also adds to your overall outdoor looks.
There are so many options to choose from, so how can you make the right choice of a swimming pool fence. Find out in this guide.
1. Look for Strength & Sturdiness
Choose a swimming pool fence that complies with the ASTM standards. The fence should be able to withstand all types of treatment in a home with kids and pets. The poles should be strong in terms of their break strength. When choosing the mesh, make sure it is made from metal and cannot be torn in any way. The material should be high quality that should be able to last for a long time.
2. Study Different Types of Fences
Do some research on the different types of pool fences available in the market, especially for your type of pool.
- Aluminium fences – This type of swimming pool fence is more traditional but is known for its durability and low maintenance needs
- PVC Swimming Pool Fence – There are almost endless styles and designs to choose from. PVC fences are also low-maintenance and provide good privacy
- Wooden Fence – You can customize the styling of your wooden swimming pool fence. They are not as costly as aluminium or PVC fencing
Wrought iron and vinyl are other options for swimming pool fencing.
3. Weather Conditions
Never choose a swimming pool fence without considering the weather conditions in your area.
- If you live in a location with colder or wetter weather conditions for most part of the year, consider pool fences made from highly durable materials
- If your location remains temperate throughout the year, you will have high flexibility in making a choice
- Warmer conditions however need something that can withstand the sun’s radiations and heat for long without getting damaged
4. Local Building Codes
Remember that the swimming pool fence your install will have to meet your local building codes. Most counties and local suburbs now make it mandatory to adhere to the codes, failing which you can attract fines. Some of the conditions involved include the following:
- Perimeter fencing for minimum height
- System for securely locking the pool fence
- Designs should prevent anyone from climbing the fence
Some jurisdictions also require that the swimming pool fence be built only around the pool and not include other structures. Make sure to check with your local authorities to determine if any permits are required and other conditions to be met.
So consider all these points to ensure that you are making the right choice of the swimming pool fence.
Content by Webvisable