In the U.S., the most common cause of death in children ages 4 and younger is accidental drowning. This unfortunate circumstance makes it imperative for parents to learn the risks their family pool poses to their children. A pool safety fence is one of the most popular and effective tools for preventing this tragedy.
All-Safe is a company that was founded to save the lives of children. We’ve collected these pool accidents statistics and created this swimming infographic to help parents understand pool safety regulations, pool fence materials, installation costs, and alternative pool safety solutions to ensure your family can enjoy your pool for years to come.
Swimming Pool Drowning Statistics
Preventing a tragedy starts with understanding the issue. By considering the following pool accidents statistics, you can help your family understand the scope of the problem and work together to create a safety plan for your loved ones:
- 76% of drowning deaths in the U.S. happen to children under 5
- 75% of drowning deaths regarding children 15 and younger happen at private pools
- 67% of pool drownings are children 3 and younger
- For every 1 child in the U.S. who drowns, 5 children go to the ER for swimming-related injuries
Pool Fencing Legal Codes
We know pool drowning statistics are scary, which is why we build All-Safe products to help change them. All-Safe fences are compliant with the following legal codes:
- Fences must be at least 4 feet tall and have at least 4 feet of clearance on the bottom
- No swimming pool fence should have handholds or footholds children can climb on
- Every fence should include a self-closing, self-locking gate
Your local housing department will have more information on these regulations. You can also read the Safety Barrier Guidelines for Home Pools by the CDC for additional insight.
Safe Materials For A Safe Home
All-Safe uses the safest and most durable materials for swimming pool fences, including:
- Transparent mesh to increase pool visibility
- Durable fence poles to support weight and withstand strong weather
- Pole sleeves to ensure stable barriers
- Child-proof safety latches to prevent unsupervised swimming
Reliable Installation With A Reliable Cost
Affordability should never compromise safety. While installation costs vary depending on your custom needs, we stick to a standard pricing outline to ensure your satisfaction:
- Pool fences cost about $15-20 per linear foot, including materials and installation
- Removable mesh pool fences cost between $1,500 and $2,500, also including materials and installation
Your local All-Safe dealer can provide a more accurate quote for your needs. Call your local dealer to receive a free in-home estimate, where they will take measurements and work with you to build a plan that balances your budget and safety needs.
Custom Safety Solutions
Reversing the pool accident statistics takes going beyond a one size fits all solution. All-Safe provides a range of safety solutions to help families develop the ultimate safety plan for their loved ones. You can choose to use various combinations of the following products to help improve the rate of pool drowning statistics:
- Pool covers protect your loved ones from accidentally falling into the water as well as keeping out leaves and debris. Adding a pool cover to your safety plan can reduce pool maintenance costs while reducing the likelihood of an accident.
- Alarms add an additional layer of security to your pool area. Fence alarms alert you if children go beyond the safety barrier and the pool alarm sounds as soon as it detects a splash in the pool.
- Pool nets add an additional layer of protection while keeping your view of the pool unobstructed. They can withstand large weight so if there is an accidental fall, your children will not go under and you can safely retrieve them from the top of the net.
Safety Is Our Priority
At All-Safe, safety is first, last, and everything in between. We hope our swimming infographic helped you understand the problem and that we can work with you to prevent as many drownings as possible.
Call your local All-Safe agent today and let’s create the ultimate safety plan for your home, together.