Types of Pool Fence are available.
Why choose a removable mesh pool fence vs other products?
- There are many different types of pool fence making the right decision for your family is important. Removable mesh pool fencing is the only fence type that is made specifically for pool safety. Mesh pool fences are a safe, easy to use, and low cost pool fence option for residential pools.li>
- A mesh pool fence is recommended due to their, versatility, durability, look and convenience. Removable mesh pool fences are the most popular pool safety product used today for residential pool safety. There are many options for pool safety and every family has to make the decision based on their individual situation and budget. Click below to see the other products All-Safe offers.
What other types of pool fence are there?
- Until the last 15 years wrought iron fences were a common fence used for pool safety. Today, because of the popularity of mesh fencing wrought iron is not used as often. Wrought iron is made up of iron slats every 4 inches that a child can use to brace their feet on which makes an iron fence more climbable than mesh pool fences. Iron fences are not normally removable, need to be painted every few years, and can rust over time. Iron fences are generally bulky and imposing, many people agree that a mesh pool fence is a better looking fence for most homes. The typical cost for wrought iron is 2-4 times the cost of mesh pool fence.
- Chain link is not commonly used for pool safety. Although better than nothing chain link fencing is very climbable for children. The diamond shaped holes in the fence act as a ladder for a child to get over the fence. A chain link fence is not removable and creates an obstructed view of the pool area. The typical cost of a chain link fence is 1.5-2 times the cost of mesh fencing.
Vinyl or wood
- A vinyl or wood fence will block most or all of the view of your pool area. If the slats of the fence are spaced to provide some view of the pool it can also be climbable as children could use the slats on which to brace their. If there is no space between the boards there would be no view of the pool which is also a safety concern. The typical cost of wood and vinyl fences is 1.5-5 times the cost of mesh pool fencing.
- A glass fence can be beautiful for a pool area. However they are very expensive, not versatile, not removable and very difficult to keep clean. Typically a glass fence is 5-25x the cost of a mesh pool fence.